EU Pilot 2
The Lesprojekt pilot consists of ROSTENICE, a. s., Rostenice – Zvonovice that is located in the South Moravia Region in the Czech Republic. At present, the holding company Rostenice a.s. operates on an area of 10,000 ha in the cadasters of 24 municipalities.
PILOT CHALLENGES (CONTEXT)
- 80 % of the land is characterized by high soil variability, mainly influenced by terrain topography in wavy/hilly region
- 70 % of the land is defined as the water erosion risk area More than
- 60 % of the land is affected by restriction for underground water pollution, which limits application of nitrogen fertilizers and pesticides.
Estimation of soil variability within the fields and crop diagnosis by using Earth Observation data and sensor measurements.
Delineation of management zones for variable rate application of liquid mineral fertilizers and pesticides by sprayer.
Design and evaluation of on-the-go data collection related to the agro-meteorological observation by weather sensors.
Model which will support the wise management of soil at field level and will provide showcase of good practices on site-specific soil and crop management both for EU and China.
Online monitoring of weather conditions during the pesticide and liquid fertilizers application on sprayers to ensure minimal environmental impact and water pollution.
The final target will be to support sustainable management of soil, increase land productivity sustainably, reduce crop yield variability across time and space, and support the policy formulation process.
Design and evaluation of visual data collection by RGB cameras and processing this data with existing machine learning software for estimating spatial weed species distribution
Evaluate the feasibility of soil humidity and/or composition estimation based on visual data collected by RGB cameras.
Build field testing of technology demonstrator for on-site weed identification in real time.
- Set up decision-making mechanisms from the information collected to provide advice to farmers to ensure optimal application of plant nutrient and protection products.
- Analysis of collected spatial data from mobile sensors to compare with other variability indicators (satellite or drone images, soil data, visual assessment of vegetation).
|Pilot location||Czech Republic|
|Use Case||Rostenice farm|
|Pilot scale||10 000 ha|
|Land uses (crop types)||Spring barley (4200 ha), winter wheat (1700 ha), corn (900 ha), maize (1000 ha), oil seed rape (1700 ha), winter barley (350 ha), soya been (150 ha)|
|Major agricultural and environmental projects|| |
|The context of current pilot challenges|| |